Outlook Configuration Steps
Follow the steps below to add your Google Mail to your Outlook Email Client.
Note you must have your account IMAP Enabled. Follow this IMAP setup guide first in order to have the following steps work properly.
Need to setup on mobile devices - click here.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click the File tab and click + Add Account.
3. Add New Account:
4. Select POP or IMAP. Click Next.
5. Enter your POP and IMAP Account Settings:• Under User Information: enter your name and full email address ('John.Smith@mywebsite.com')
• Under Server Information: select IMAP from the Account Type dropdown menu;
• Enter the outgoing mail as server smtp.gmail.com
• Under Logon Information: enter the 'User Name' field with your full email address 'John.Smith@mywebsite.com'
6. Click the More Settings... button, then the Advanced tab.• Set Incoming server (IMAP): to 993, and use SSL encryption.
• Set Outgoing server (SMTP): to 465 or 587, and use SSL encryption.
7. Click the Outgoing Server tab.